How do I create an FSA ID?
If you don't have an FSA ID, you can quickly create one online. The Federal Student Aid program has a great video that walks you through the process on YouTube.
How to Create Your FSA ID
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/fsaid.
- Click the button that says "Create Your FSA ID Now."
- Fill out all of the registration fields and click "Continue."
- Verify your personal identity. Be sure to enter your name and Social Security number exactly as they appear on your social security card. Click "Continue" again.
- On the profile information page, complete any missing information. Adding a mobile phone number can make it easier to reset your account if necessary. Then click "Continue" again.
- Set up your challenge questions and answers to retrieve your username and password if you ever forget them. You can select the first two questions from the dropdown list, but you must create the second two yourself. Make them easy to remember. Then click "Continue."
- Review and confirm your information, and then tick the box to indicate that your data is correct and that you accept the presented terms and conditions. Click "Continue."
- If you provided a mobile phone number, you'll receive a secure code that you'll use to verify your mobile phone number. Please be aware that your code will expire after 30 minutes. Enter the code and click "Submit."
- Complete the same process to verify your email address.