What do I do if my loan data is incorrect in my NSLDS file?

If you have inaccurate information in your NSLDS file, your first line of defense is calling the data provider (identified on in the NSLDS data) to make sure that the incorrect information is updated in their system as well as in the NSLDS system.

In the event that your attempts to amend the information by contacting the loan holder are unsuccessful, you may contact NSLDS and update the records directly by contacting:

Director, National Student Loan Data System, FSA
U.S. Department of Education, UCP
830 First Street, NE., 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20202-5454

If you are working with a financial advisor or counselor to access the Student Debt Solutions system, he or she will be able to manually update your loan data for the purposes of your analysis.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us